Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Out and About

Today was the first day both mom and dad were out and about Richmond. Jen dropped my dad off at a friend's house while mom and her went shopping. They were gone a few hours. Both mom and dad are taking a nap this afternoon, so Jen is enjoying a few quiet moments.

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that my dad's kidney is fully functioning, so he will never need dialysis again - Praise God! His creatinine level is down to a 1.5 from a high of 11. My mom's pre-op creatinine was a 0.7. His BP is has remained in the 130's since arriving home. He is sleeping great and has a much better attitude since leaving the hospital.

The transplant coordinator keeps emphasizing to us that neither of my parents are sick - so they should not be treated that way. And frankly, being treated like a patient irritates them both. If anyone else tells my dad to take it easy, he is going to put his fist through a wall. He is a grown man and knows the rules, but wants to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.

Their first post-op clinic visit is tomorrow morning at 8am. Look for a blog tomorrow on how that goes.