Monday, January 15, 2007

Mom's Blood Pressure

When my mom went for her first round of donor tests, her blood pressure was a little high - 140/95. The doctor told her she needed to get it down into the 130's to be a viable donor candidate for my dad. While everyone agreed that the stress from the previous week was a major factor in her elevated BP, she still needed to lower it 10 points in a week. So they offered her BP meds, which she rejected promptly telling them, "I'll take care of it." They all smiled politely and said OK, just have it down into the 130's next week.

So my mom went home and drank 1 full bottle of Xango every day for 5 days and she went in this morning and her BP was 120/75. She just smiled and said, "I told you I'd take care of it." Typical MaryAnn - fiercely independent and determined.